Corporate Ambassador – Brian Long
Having held the position of Board Chair for 10 years, Brian Long continues his longstanding relationship with United Way Australia as the organisation’s first Corporate Ambassador.
With his extensive experience and connections, Brian now plays a vital role in building best-in-class business community partnerships, expanding our corporate network and engaging businesses in our mission to ensure every Australian community thrives.
Brian retired as a partner of Ernst & Young in 2010. Until that time he was the Chairman of both the Ernst & Young Global Advisory Council and of the Oceania Area Advisory Council. He was one of the firms most experienced audit partners with over 30 years experience in serving as audit signing partner on major Australian public companies.
Brian was the Chairman of the Audit Committee and a Member of the Council of the National Library of Australia for nine years, and a Director of Ten Network Holdings Limited from 2010 to 2016.
Brian’s current roles and memberships include:
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
- Director of Commonwealth Bank Of Australia, Chairman of the company’s audit committee, member of the risk committee and the board performance and renewal committee
- Director of Brambles Limited, and Chairman of the audit and risk committee
- Director of Cantarella Bros. Pty Ltd
- Chairman of the Audit Committee and member of Council of the University of NSW
Businesses and senior executives looking to make a meaningful impact to their community can contact Brian directly to discuss partnership opportunities.