One of the biggest mobilisers of corporate volunteers in Australia and across the globe, United Way offers:
- skilled volunteering: contribute your expertise to help our team on a range of projects – it can make a huge impact.
- high school mentoring: a one year structured program matching professionals with one or more students to support their transition to work or further study.
- corporate team volunteering: an opportunity for teams of employees from our corporate partners to improve community spaces and experience the difference their donations make.
- office volunteering: we always need help in our Sydney and Melbourne offices and some tasks can also be done remotely.
- community volunteering: join a community committee driving grass root work, fundraise and/or help out for a day to improve early childhood outcomes or transition to employment.
Find out more
To see how you can make a hands-on difference, please email our Volunteer Manager, Ross Liddle.
Name: Ashley Crane: Macquarie Park Business Community Walkathon Volunteer
Currently working for: Pitney Bowes, as Regional Director of Software Support
As you may have heard, our inaugural Macquarie Park Business Community Walkathon was a resounding success, with more than 500 people from Macquarie Business Community getting involved on the day.
What you probably haven’t heard about, is the communications and logistical support required to help ensure such a fantastic turnout and smooth running of the event on the day.
We were fortunate to have great support from across the Macquarie Business community, but would like to especially recognise and thank Ashley Crane for his energy and commitment to the cause. His attention to detail, meticulous planning and innovative ideas helped take the Walkathon to the next level, ultimately helping us raise $15,000 for the community.
Thank you Ashley – it’s people like you that not only inspire action, but help bring hope and a brighter future to the communities we work with!
Photo: Supervolunteer Ashley Crane (inset), and one of the many Walkathon teams that participated in the event.