United Way offers a variety of ways to give back. Through our corporate partnerships, we offer a unique opportunity to work as a team for the good of their community.
Designed to build staff engagement by working on sustainable community initiatives our opportunities include:
- High School Mentoring – help inspire high school students by sharing your advice and experience through mock interviews, career days and tailored workshops.
- A day in the life – host a high school class for a day in the office, providing them insight into life in the ‘real world’ and your area of expertise.
- Host a week long work experience for a high school student keen to see what office life is like. Sometimes the teachers learn more than the students!
- Community events are a great way to engage in the community. Help out at a playgroup reading to kids or taking over the bbq, providing important time for the attendees to connect and engage.
- Have afternoon tea with the elderly or people with a disability who are socially isolated.
- Roll up your sleeves and help out with a backyard blitz transforming space for community partners needing to spruce up their environment.
- Use your special talents to engage in a skilled volunteering role including marketing, governance, graphic design, event management or other strategic projects.
Together, we improve the lives of the people in our communities.