The first of its kind in Australia, the Macquarie Park Business Community Partnership represents an innovative approach to overcoming community disadvantage.
It began ten years ago when Macquarie Park CEOs met with United Way Australia to discuss how they could play a meaningful role in creating lasting change locally. The result? A collaboration between leading Australian companies to tackle the underlying causes of disadvantage in their community by contributing their resources and expertise to give local children and young people a better chance in life.
We are currently inviting corporate partners in Macquarie Business Park to join the Macquarie Park Business Community Partnership this financial year, and make a real difference to the Community in which you work.
The purpose of this initiative is to work in collaboration with the people and organisations from across the Macquarie Park community to help 1000 children and high schoolers learn to Read, Learn and Succeed.
As well as being a social change agent in the community, this partnership is a great opportunity for employee engagement. Staff members can use their passion, expertise and resources to support the implementation of local early literacy and transition to work programs.
- Member of CEO steering committee making strategic decisions for the Macquarie Park project
- Member of Leadership committee making an impact through taking part in meaningful activities and community events.
- Strengthening your network by working with like-minded professionals and community leaders
- Learning about complex community issues and how to work in collaboration across sectors focused around early literacy and high school mentoring
- Employee engagement opportunities for staff – volunteering , fundraising, leadership and professional development
- Networking opportunities with other businesses in Macquarie Park
- Marketing opportunities at fundraising events such as Macquarie Park Business Community Walkathon, Community Cup (Soccer tournament) and other opportunities
- Marketing and Communications Promotional pack to share community impact and achievements internally and externally
- Company’s Community Impact journey shared on United Way Social Media channels
Can be discussed and can consist of
- Fundraising events: The Macquarie Park WALKATHON and the United Way Cup (Soccer tournament);
- High School Mentoring and CSR Volunteering opportunities,
- Year One Partnership – $10,000 (includes participation in both social / fundraising events – key CSR volunteering opportunities for staff; and 2 x Leadership Committee invitations to internal talent)
- Full Partnership – $22,000 p.a. (includes full benefits outlined above + potential invitation to CEO Steering Committee for strategic networking opportunities)
For further details and to discuss the areas that most appeal to your organisation, please contact Head of Corporate Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org